|STANDARD INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES APPLICABLE FOR APPROVAL/RENEWAL OF ON-LINE AGENTS TRAINING INSTITUTES (PORTALS) APPROVED/TO BE APPROVED BY THE AUTHORITY
|1.The fresh accreditation will be given twice in a year on need basis and depending upon the availability of good infrastructure in the Institute for the purpose of hosting on-line training portal. In order to ensure that only professional players come into such business, the following standards are mandatory for the all the applicant for fresh/renewal of on line portal:-
3. Every Institute should have permanent/part time faculty qualified as prescribed by the Authority for each stream to solve the on-line queries of the students. The number of such faculty will depend on average number of candidates undergoing training on the basis of one trainer per 500 candidates in a month.
4.The Training Institute should have adequate arrangement in place to incorporate changes in the portal at short notice. The following technical changes are to be effective before June 1st 2010, continue with training :
6. Periodic Audits: IRDA will conduct periodic audit of the ATI’s process and technology. These should be surprise audits to ensure that the all the policies laid out by IRDA are adhered to.
7.The employment details of the faculty/Web administrator whether full-time or part-time with payment made should be available at the Institute.
8. The online ATI’s will register and impart training to insurers sponsored candidate on IRDA portal and mark the completion of training on IRDA training portal only.
9.Database should be maintained by the Web administrator at the training institute giving details of candidates who have completed their training, name of the faculty/administrator who solved the on-line user’s problem during the tenure of the training. The record of test at the end of each chapter or at the end of the training on the basis of question bank of the training provided must be recorded in the database.
10. No marketing fee/consultancy fee/brokerage fee payment is permitted for getting the trainees.
11. (i)- The existing Institutes may convey their willingness to abide by these instructions on a simple form. The information may include: Name & Address of the Institute, Date of Accreditation of the Institute, Expiry date of validity of the Accreditation, Accreditation granted for Life/General or both, Name of the In-charge of the Institute.
(ii)- The above information must reach the Authority within 15 days from the date of issuance of these guidelines. The consolidated list of approved training institutes will then be placed and updated from time to time on our web-site so that Insurance Companies can approach them for conduct of training.
12. Prior approval of the Authority must be obtained if the Training Institute intends to change any of the particulars, details or provisions already approved by the Authority. All such changes would be simultaneously incorporated on IRDA web-site.
13. There must be an exclusive portal for the on-line agents training and on the portal no advertisement should be displayed.
14. All the training institute who wish to apply the on-line training accreditation, may be required to make a live demonstration of the portal at the Authorities headquarters at Hyderabad.
15. A set of other technical points (Annexure I) must be incorporated for new / renewal of the license for on-line training institutes (portals).
16. On-line facility to monitor login/ logout and other activities on their site is attached as annexure-II.
17. During the process of granting accreditation the applications will be sent to Insurance Institute of India who will engage an expert organization in web based technology for the purpose of verification of these guidelines by the applicant.
|(Other Technical points for Online Training Institute)
|1. The training institute must display the certificate of accreditation to impart training issued by the Authority at the training institute and also IRDA Registration number should be made available in the home page of the portal.
2. The attendance record (login and logout time) of the trainees should be maintained by the software (system) itself. After the training, the attendance record should be available in softcopy at the Institute for inspection purpose.
3. On-Line Agents training portal should be hosted in a separate domain and the portal should be exclusive for on-line agents training.
4. Option to select life, non-life testing in separate windows.
5. Course Material to be prepared by the Institutes based on the syllabus notified by IRDA and covering all the topics.
6. Good LMS (Learning Management Systems) may be used for the purpose preparation of course material.
7. Glossary should be implemented after login by the candidates.
8. TWhere ever necessary, there should be a link to glossary.
9. There must be some minimum time to be spent on every chapter the chapter time will be decided by the institute based on the chapter’s lengths.
10. The total no. of training hours should be 50 Hrs for new candidates, 25 hrs for professional and 25 hrs for renewal course. which may be divided among the various chapters.
11. In case of composite the total no. of training hours should be 75 Hrs.
12. The institute will develop revision test at the end of each chapter and after completion of training. The time spent on revision test will not be included in 50/25 hours training.
13. Home page designed in the way that the IRDA registration number is displayed boldly
14. On-line facility to monitor login/ logout time attached as Annexure-II.
15. Provision for interaction between the student/candidate and the Instructors.
17. Progress card containing the following details with provision to print the same-
19. Automatic log off facility must be available, if not brows for more than 10 minutes.
20. There should be a mechanism for reporting user problems to web administrator using following options-
22. Facilities to change the password.
23. It is necessary to submit the course materials to IRDA in soft copy
24. Search facility must be on the page so that user can find the desired information.
25. News letter may be made available in the portal (Fortnightly/monthly) without any kind of advertisements.
26. A section containing the details of Faculty, Web-administrator, Head of the Institute, along with their residential address, e-mail id, phone numbers etc. should be made available on the site. For part time faculty it is required to submit NOC from parent organization.
27. Facility to IRDA to monitor the progress of the Institute as Annex-II.
28. All the reports have facility to take the print out on A-4 paper size (Portrait/Landscape).
29. Font size must be quite impressive and having good visibility.
30. IRDA URN number must be used as student Id.
31. Opening of more than one Login (multiple Login) on same computer as well as Login by same user ID/password on different machines at the same time is not permissible.
32. The Training Institutes must have only one domain to launch the IRDA accredited online training for Life and General Insurance. Use of more than one domain is not permissible. dwindia